Saturday, June 11, 2005

Think Beyond...

The ethos of a breed, though rare in the world but found abundantly in our country always piques me. I am talking about those old men, wearing Kurta- Pajamas, who think that wearing traditional dresses and having orthodox beliefs makes them more Indian, whom we vote to lead our country.

Most politicians of our country whether they belong to BJP or Congress have similar tactics/activities though they claim to have views oceans apart. All are big opportunists. Every time either of these parties is in opposition, the main issue on which they cry about or criticize the ruling party is secularism/communalism. Whenever there is a lull or there are out of issues to yield fire on the other they open this debate.

The recent stint by Mr. L.K Advani is on similar lines. On his recent trip to Pakistan, he made a controversial statement about M.A Jinnah. (Now I am not interested in going details of what he said or debating on the same.).The statement invited an array of reactions. Fundamentalists RSS and VHP are always waiting for such issues. Then Mr. Advani resigns from the post of party president. This is followed a day or two of cribbing, crying and requests made to him to return by party members and finally as loved by most Indians and shown in Indian movies we have happy ending, Mr. Advani is back as the party president and that completes a week of emotional and ‘controversial’ drama in Indian Politics.

Does this evoke a sense of déjà vu? These things have become a pastime for BJP, every time there is a lull in politics. You may recall Ms. Uma Bharti’s episode on similar lines some months back.

All I want to say is that there are several issues regarding the core social and economic development of our country that need to be raised; thought at and solved. Why cant these politicians actually grow up...?


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I recently came to know that these days they have a section reserved for Bloggers in white house Press conferences. Do u think we can have one too or its long time before Indian Bloggers reach that level of maturity and capability?


Finally while surfing I came across some great dialogues/quotes from one of my hot favorite movies A Beautiful mind…Here are some

1. There has to be a mathematical explanation for how bad that tie is.

2. Despite my privileged upbringing, I'm actually quite well-balanced. I have a chip on both shoulders.

3. We need results! Publishable, applicable results!

4. Classes will dull your mind, destroy the potential for authentic creativity.

5. Terrified, Petrified, Mortified, Stupified... by you.

6. Adam Smith... was wrong.

7. I don't exactly know what I am required to say in order for you to have intercourse with me. But could we assume that I said all that. I mean essentially we are talking about fluid exchange right? So could we go just straight to the sex.

8. I find you very attractive. Your assertiveness tells me that you feel the same way about me. But ritual remains that we must do a series of platonic actions before we can have intercourse. But all I really want to do is have sex with you as soon as possible.

9. Give me a moment to redefine my girlish notions of romance.

10. I need to believe, that something extraordinary is possible.


11. I've made the most important discovery of my life. It's only in the mysterious equation of love that any logical reasons can be found. I'm only here tonight because of you. You're the only reason I am... you're all my reasons.

12. Perhaps it is good to have a beautiful mind, but an even greater gift is to discover a beautiful heart.

13. It's the same with your dreams and nightmares. You have to feed them to keep them alive




My favorites are the 11th and 12th one. And I can’t even imagine myself having the guts for saying 7th or 8th one to a girl: terrified , petrified by the reaction which might leave me mortified and stupifiied…


You can find quotes from your favorite movie at wikiquote a sister concern project of wikepedia.See the link to wikepedia in my side bar.( Ya's...thats returning a favor..)

11 Voices:

sriram said...

politics confounds me...
i mean i hav never seen such effrontery, these fellas think they can say anythin then take it bak and the public will jus swallow it..toppin the list is bjp's bahu smriti irani(remember the modi ruckus)
------------------------
as for the beatiful mind my fav is the 5th..sounds gud
as for 7 and 8 they are pragmatic, the guy has a pt there...[;)]

anubhav said...

@ arch storm: Accountability is imporatnt in any profession....talk abt words..our politicians are expert in changing parties within days...

thanx for dropping by..


@niki:yes i am used to blog at night..and as of those quotes i am sure i'll not take the risk..

@namita: well i dont quite agree on that..i think its our apathetic attitude which has lead such sorry state of indian politics..


@sriram:Yes smriti episode was funny ..cant imagine she has still hung around..

even i like the 5th one ..quite a punch..!

thanx for dropping by..

Mirage said...

I don't think our political situation can ever improve with immature and irresponsible people occupying such a large part of the government machinery. Our politicians love to make a scene... they seem to b suffering from an attention problem coz they come up with a new, completely insane issue from time to time and create a mountain out of a molehill. But tell me how many of us were actually affected by their silly quarrels? None at all. They're all back to where they strtd, and nothing has improved.

By the way, nice quotes. U seem to really enjoy this movie! I can never remember a single dialogue the minute i walk out the movie theatre!

TheSpark said...

hey! actually, the 7th n 8th ones r my favorite! :)
i knew it as soon as i read them. mebbe this is y i can't get myself a gf. ;)
i am way to direct. but.... i like it tht way. :))

TheSpark said...

n i am a 'jeeta-jaagta' (loosely translated to 'alive n kicking') example of quote no. 4. :)

anubhav said...

@ mirage:I always feel ..we as youth have be more responsible...i know the poilitics of country has a dark and grim future..but dont let it dishearten u..as they say u have to be a part of change u wish to see..



@spark:i am sure u have guts if u can say 7th and 8th to a new interest...

Baejaar said...

Liked the new template - its catchy. But the side bar is taking too much time to load completely. Check which one is loading off a slow server. Also the google ads would have been great if it was transparent. Or atleast change the color to blue.

anubhav said...

@ niki: sorry shoutbox was givign problems...use the comment box at will ..haloscan is easier to use..

@ dheepak:i have changed the color..and actually the temp has image which is at photobucket.com gives problems some time..lets see if prob continues will switch to flickr or something..actually i wanna work more on the temp..but just dont have time..


thanx for advice ...was really lookin for some..

Ashish Vora said...

Hi Anubhav
This is my first visit to your blog. Cool Template and the colors are excellent. I might steal it....
I agree with you. The stuff going on these days with the Indian Political system is really not what is expected. Something needs to be done but I don't know by whom, how and when. It has a dark future unless something is done pretty fast.

BTW I will put a link to your blog on my website pretty soon.

anubhav said...

@ashish: Dude i think its us..who need to do something,after all its our country at stake...and that doesnt mean we enter politics ..there are other ways..

thanx for dropping by..

Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz) said...

I thought I had already commented on this. Too much politics stuff going on!! Anyways, there is too much pressure and power over whats driving these politicians. Sometimes (most of the times I think) they are just the face in the front (like a puppet), and someone else is behind them; controlling them, manouvering them.