Saturday, June 25, 2005

Simple...

I have always felt that most important learning’s of life are conveyed in the most simplest of manners.

I experienced this twice within the past day.

First, while reading the book, “Who moved my cheese” by Spencer Johnson. The book talks about change and ways to deal with it. The book albeit written in very simple manner is very thought provoking, perhaps you might have already read what the book tries to convey a thousand times before ,but it still leaves a big impression. It is pretty small (even smaller than my class notes book :D) and you can easily finish it in an hour or two.

I felt the same when I read Steve Jobs’ commencement address at the Stanford University. Again, as simple, short and sweet it could be; in three stories of his life he teaches some of most important lessons of life.

You can read it here.

Now there is another small change occurring in my life. I am getting a new bike …
With so many brands out there, I am a bit confused now, so I need your help.

If you are a man, tell me a bike you would like to take your girlfriend on…

And if you are a woman tell me bike you would want your man to have…


What’s more, you could win some real good prizes, if your suggestion matches with my final choice.

If you are a woman, you get a free ride on my bike if you ever land in Baroda.

And if you are a man…err...Psst….Do you have a sister...?

So use the comment box at your will, as participation is free of cost…:D

13 Voices:

Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz) said...

LOL. Now, by bike I am assuming you mean motorbike and not a bicycle.
Something Hero-Honda style is good :-P
If your girlfriend is going to ride with you, then make sure your seat isn't too big, that way you can cosy up together!!
Sorry I am not much help here!!

ada-paavi!!!! said...

u buy a bike which is cimfy riding and at the same time fun, not a sloth like splendor but on the lines of a Rx 100 or pulsar. if u really wanna turn heads, buy a run down bullet for 5000 bucks and recondition it, tat shud cost u something like 20000 bucks but a 25000 bucks ur gettin a head turner!!

anubhav said...

@ kroopa: Yes kroopa, bike as in a cycle which has a motor..:D

@srivatsan: well bullets sure make heads turn, but dont think it is my cup of tea

@niki: yeah niki even i am a great fan of japanese enggineering

@namita: hey who is anvi..common dont be in such a hurry , I know blog doesn't have pics of john,salman(without shirts)...but still..u can spend a min here..

dont worry i wont get a bullet

@krish: welcome back...

Mirage said...

I really have no idea abt bikes!! but being a girl, i think i'd like to ride on one that looks powerful and stylish at the same time...oh and the rider should be somewhat like john abraham!! ;)

anubhav said...

@mirage: oh my@!!why is every girl after john..i mean what's in the name..:D

stylish eh!! ..me also thinking on same lines..

milo said...

i dont hav much knowledge abt bikes..but used to lik enfield...
well go out n find a bike which suits ur personality...
u must look gud while ridin..if u r slim..bullet wld b too heavy
so go n explore man!!

anubhav said...

@milo: point noted..bullet sure's out..

thanx for dropping by..

ada-paavi!!!! said...

okie i wud say safe bet, consider bullet is out is a pulsar or a karzime (milage doesnt cross 20 on this piece machinery),
pulsar 150 shud be fine, or if u got dough go for hysoung comet!! costs only a lakh n a half

Vikas said...

Dude...troubled waters man!

Always buy the bike you want and then tell your girl that she is more important than the bike she rides on! That way you..umm..have two birds with one shot!;)

And if you are seriously planning to buy one, Bajaj models are good on the pocket mileage wise so Pulsar or Wind 125 are good choices. Personally tested both of them and yeah they can touch 100.

But against all logic, I suggest go for CBZ.

Elixir said...

helllooooooo me bak!!! boy does it feel good!!!
hmm bike eh? dont buy those low ones enticer it hink they r, unless ur really tall n stuff or else ull end up looking like a wannabe instead o a biker. n oh get a sexy helmet, im like really hung up on helmets!!!

anubhav said...

@ srivatsan: ya me thinking of that too..

@ TMITB:water troubles here too man.. wind does 100 lemme get a test ride.

@ elixir: Alreay have great helmet..:D

TheSpark said...

hey anubhav, sorry to drop in this late. was out of station. well, my choice for a bike is Royal Enfield, all the way. i dunno 'bout hvin a girl behind u n all tht, but enfield's feel is incomparable. it's heavenly. :)

anubhav said...

@ spark: no problems..

do u own one..