Friday, May 27, 2005

'In'sane Idiosyncrasies

There are three letters in the English alphabet that can make your day.

They are ‘L’ ‘O’ ‘L’.

I believe laughing or sometimes being proud of silly things you do in your day-to-day life is one most of the divine things to do. We all are a bit jocose in our lives and it takes only a bit of thought and realization of the same to bring a smile on our face. I am not the Charlie kind but laughing on myself really makes me happy and of course as no one has said before “An idle mind and a lazy body can be a clown’s workshop” especially during this auspicious time of year.

Before moving on, to all those “I am so smart” kind of people who have stumbled upon this blog by mistake, I advice clicking a sign on the upper rightmost corner of your screen.

Here are some silly things I keep doing…

1. The art of sleeping 12 hrs a day: Now this art is very difficult to practice especially in this hot weather and when your Mom allows you to use the A.C only for 7 of those 12 hrs. It might seem you as an utter waste of time; however, it has many intangible assets.

a. It can make your Mom happy because when you wake up at an hour before lunch, you save your from trouble of making a breakfast for you. Moreover, it helps me maintain my ‘averagely handsome’ body by quitting a meal.

b.For all those who believe that “history is made at night” a siesta is must. I prefer blogging at night and it keeps me in my engineering groove of night outs.

You can also have a bit of ‘mute TV’. An example of that would be any fashion channel or any channel where the ‘visuals’ are much important than the audio. So why wake your family members from their sleep.


2. I hate it, I loath to confess it, but it always brings a smile to my face at the end of the day. The phenomenon is automatic, instantaneous in its nature and albeit quite frequent, natural, and conspicuous for others, it is very difficult to realize for the one doing it.

As I have frequently pointed out, I am an unbashful appraiser of pulchritude. One of most frequent expression portrayed by me after I see a beauty is a gape. My female friends often grin evilly at the sight (not the male friends ...they are busy gapesing like me). It does bring about a bit embarrassment when asked by someone (usually a female) to stop gazing but at the end of the day, it brings one big smile on my face.


3. I am not a bathroom singer, but as uncanny as it might sound, I am a road singer I usually sing while driving (I hope that is not against law), a quality that I have inherited. However, there is no bathing without music, so once every day I forget my moral citizenship values and around 11.30 am my Woofers ( computer speakers) shout it loud “ It’s my life, its now or never….” as I enjoy my shower with a verbal cacophony of my own.

4. Apart from all this, I love watching movies, which I have already seen, especially the ones I love. Movies have taught me many things and I strongly believe some movies should be part of school curriculum. In future, I hope blog to about my favorite movies and things they have taught me.

5. I sometimes boast of having an ‘expensive’ taste when it comes to humor. I discard some of ‘sardar’ jokes cracked by my friends as cheap but normally end up laughing aloud at them when I am alone. Here’s one of them

A sardar says “ Why do these Americans keep boasting about wars they wage. We in India have a war everyday. As in SOM “WAR”( Monday), Mangal ‘WAR’( Tuesday)…

*Ok I know what you just said(cheap really cheap….)*


------------------------------------------------------------------
To end the post, here is another idiosyncrasy. I believe stupidity is best spread. So I continue the tag chain. I got a tag from deeps.

1. Total number of films I own on dvd/video : Not a single one..I am totally against ANTI PIRACY campaign I either rent pirated vcds or watch movies in halls.But I do have some movies stored on my hard disk if they count.

2. The last film I bought : How many times will I answer almost the same question? OK I don’t buy movies , my friends share movies on LAN or I watch them in halls.

3. The last film I watched: On TV: “Laws of attraction” great comedy .Jullian moore is the latest addition to my long hollywood crush list.
In theater: Bewafaa …. A horrible movie….Guess something comes original to our directors … “the art of putting 10 out of the place songs of 5 mins each in a 3 hr movie”

4. Five films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me:- This one’s tough…the list is too long….I’ll continue in my future post

-->‘Forrest Gump’:- It has taught me one of the most beautiful lessons of my life “ self –lessness"

-->“ Castaway” : For me this is true definition of cinema, perfect direction,screenplay and acting.

-->“ A beautiful mind” : This movie always inspires, any time I am feeling a bit down, I watch this movie

-->Munna Bhai MBBS/ Hera Pheri/Jaane Bhi Do yaaron : Best comedies Indian cinema has to offer.

-->Gladiator/ The street car named desire : Great acting by rusell crowe and marlon brando.

5. Tag five people and have them put this in their journal: As I said before “ stupidity is best spread” ….so lets see I’ll tag niki, thespark, Namita, a_beautiful mind and Kroopa. Keep it going…

P.S : This is my longest post till date. I think i need to take a break .....


9 Voices:

Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz) said...

A very interesting and humourous post Anubhav. I think we all have this 'silly' side to us which comes out only in certain situations/places. For me- I am SUPER-SILLY when I am with my mom and sis. But its fun being silly. We should have a moment when we can just do anything without having to worry about those around us or what others will think.
Spread the stupididty!! :-P

Smartalec said...

LoL! Cool post!
Ever since i've been following ur blog, I've noticed that there's always something that brings a smile or makes me grin!
And boy! Seems as if this post was written for me! The bill fits me too perfectly!

anubhav said...

@ kroopa : i agree we should have moments when we could anything...

@steve: welcome back..thanx..

@niki : there's a lot of intelligence in this world ..i think its stupidity that needs to be spread..:D....thanx
have a nice weekend..

Baejaar said...

Anuhav, I am wondering why are so lazy. After all, you can sleep only for 12 hours a day? If you need any consultancy or workshop, then feel free to ping me. Special early bird offer available ;-)

anubhav said...

damm! i knew there were people better than me......dont worry by the time i complete my engg i'll manage 15 ..:D

thanx for dropping by..

IdeaSmith said...

Nonsensical stuff that makes me laugh...the hallmark of a good blogger! Thanks for dropping by the Smithy...I'll come here again!

anubhav said...

@ideasmith: me a good blogger not yet...
but glad it made u laugh...

thanx for dropping by..

Vikas said...

Hey you know I was thinkin abt writing a post on LOL and the art of sleeping for some time now.

Now I'll have to postpone it till everyone's RAM is erased of this post!!

Neway keep rocking...on the chair!

TheSpark said...

hey anubhav! i apologise for the delayed response, but i hv been somewht busy. thx for taggin' me. will pass it on as soon as i find some breathing, no, blogging space.