Sunday, March 27, 2005

A 'Test' Match with a difference

India is playing a test match with Pakistan these days and on similar lines my faculty would be playing a ‘test week’ against me starting from tomorrow. I have got 6 tests in 5 days.A test of engineering skills like… mugging up everything and vomiting it all in answer book, something I never managed to do all my life. As expected most of my class-mates are busy studying and I don't even know the course for most of my subjects , wasting my time writing useless things like these!!.

“One night stands” as I call them, probably one of the best studying techniques I have learnt in 1.5 years of engineering I have done till now, are the only means I have in this one-sided battle. (Now this too much ….keep a standard of your pjs anubhav…)

Needless to say as much as I expect India to win (or probably draw) I expect myself loose badly.

Anyways I’ll follow up with a more detailed account of this now certain disaster, later this week :).

Here are some interesting links.

This audio piece is a recording of the famous first line Of Nehru’s Independence Day speech. It also has an extract of Jinnah's speech.

This is Nehru announcing news of Mahatma Gandhi’s assassination on the AIR.

This site has a great collection of Swami Vivekananda’s quotes and some of his rare pics.

11 Voices:

anubhav said...

thanx niki for ...givin me hope

anubhav said...

i got the audio files from angelfire itself..but when tried to provide a direct link ..it didnt work..u can find the audio files at my file hosting account by clicking above links or on angelfire by clicking last link..

TheSpark said...

hi anubhav! great blogs man. believe it or not, tht was the 1st time i heard those two speeches. i esp. liked ur google bombing blog, n the jesus one. but do u know wht google whacking is?

anubhav said...

google whacking is a sport(it is claimed as that now..) objective is to get 1 of 1 result in google by entering two search terms which have a mention in a dictionary and are related somehow...they are many clauses to it.. .and people waste a lot of time trying to whack google.even i did when first heard of it.. for more info ..www.googlewhack.com

anubhav said...

thanx for visiting my blog :)

TheSpark said...

i know. i was just testing ur JN (jeneral nolej). :)
btw, i once google whacked by typing my full name.

anubhav said...

not sleeping ...but busy with my tests and submissions...engineering u know!!...expect something from me after 3rd april..

TheSpark said...

yoohooo! anubhav! am ecstatic! breathless with joy. i think i hv a new google whack. but i am not sure whether this is valid, so u tell me. the whack is 'prefetching yogurts'. i don't think 'yogurts' is grammatically correct. so tht may be the only reason this is not valid, otherwise it's a whack! iam overjoyed, nonetheless. :)

anubhav said...

well it was a great try ....google whacked but the problem according to google is that for both words prefetching and yogurts it could not link to definitions ....but never mind great try ..u can still record ur search at quicktopic section where u can record ur name as search also(for which u got 1 result :) ) as google doesnt conisder definition necessary for that part.....

but isnt it a nice past time!!! even i found many searches which i could post at quick topic but nothing like "The whack stack"
try ur search at this link..
http://www.googlewhacking.com/whack.pl

TheSpark said...

oh! :(
no whack stack? ah well, ok, will keep tryin. but u r rt, this is one helluva pastime. nfact, some really strange words hv started poppin into my head, n if i don't happen to be in front of a PC, i start actin' weird n my fingers start itching n i start frothing at the mouth...... ok ok, no frothing, but i do feel exasperated. :)
i think this is an addiction.

TheSpark said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.