Monday, April 04, 2005

I am Back….

Neo said that I was sleeping, well actually I was busy, and when an engineer like me says he is busy then you got to agree coz I normally have ample time to waste.

Well I escaped the Test week unscathed, though had some problems with the electrical subjects (Networks never works :) ) but that’s what you can expect from the nefarious Electrical Engineering department of our college ( Thank god I have just two electrical subjects).


UFM (Un-Fair Means)

One of the major factors that helped me in clearing my tests, with absolutely not more than a days study for each subject was, “deskritti”, as I call it, from graffiti: scribbling or drawing on desks. Writing those intricate little details which your volatile memory refuses to remember.

I know it doesn’t etymologically match with graffiti but then who cares :).

In my school life I never used such means and still sometimes repent using them but then with type of pedagogues my department has, with their own ingenious ways of assessment, I guess everything is fair. I remember one of the faculty members commenting after showing us our answer papers, “You should write your papers as if you were a novelist”. Normally they would expect us to produce an exact carbon copy of the textbooks they use and length of answers is always important criterion. Sometimes papers are not even checked and marks are given on basis of past assessment often very biased.

But then life goes on and even I have adapted my own ways to deal with it....

0 Voices: