Monday, March 14, 2005

Ten Commandments for an engineering student

My last two posts have been, more on the serious side….so here’s something more light (Well it throws a lot of light on my engineering side)

1. Thou shalt study only during the preparatory leave.(Well this doesn’t apply to NIT ppl like me coz we don’t have a pl…so here’s a sub)/Thou shalt study only the day before your exams.

2. Thou shalt never write thy assignments thyself(Protocols like FTP and GT(Glass tracing ) rule).

3. Thou shalt begin writing thy journals only on the morning of submission. (And it should never be written thyself...don't violate the 2nd Commandment)

4. Thou shalt treat all marks above 40 as bonus.

5. Thou shalt have at least 70 per cent attendance in the canteen.(I have 80% ….after all I am an electronics engineer)

6. Thou shalt pass GRACEfully.(You can always console thyself by saying “There’s always the next semester, until of course the last semester”)

7. Thou shalt give thy attendance without being present...PROXY is a MUST. (And vice –versa….mutual co-operation)

8. If thou can't convince them , confuse them.(Probably the only way I manage to pass my vivas)

9. Thou shalt always do night-outs.

10. Thou shalt bunk classes on a regular basis and actively organize mass bunks.

Any additions to this list are invited....hail the engineering spirit.

0 Voices: