Saturday, October 15, 2005

Sue Me, I am a Blogger


A sort of war has spurted between IIPM and Indian Bloggers. It all started with Jam, a popular youth Magazine publishing a report about IIPM. Many Indian Bloggers, including me (they have even spammed my post, sorry a bit of narcissist at heart) linked to web version of that report. Gaurav Sabnis, a popular Indian blogger, was issued a legal notice some days back by IIPM because of the same.

Desipundit, is covering the controversy remarkably well. You can access all the links from their blog. Apart from more pretentious facts unearthed, there are some lampoons also in store.

I just want to point a couple of things here, first its high time that the so called dubious “IT ACT” of Indian constitution is amended to clearly point the rights of speech an Indian citizen through various information mediums.

Second if IIPM can sue people of defaming it as an educational institution wonder what it has to say their own perverse tag line “ Think beyond IIMs”…

Now there are about zillion other things I want to write about but with exams and submissions around the corner I don’t have much time on hand. Anyways, almost all these issues in one way or the other have been covered by other Indian Bloggers.

A word of advice, all Bloggers can stop spam comments from automatic online bots by activating the word verification comment policy. It can be found in the comments tab of Bloggers settings.

Now I have submissions next week, then exams so might not be blogging unless I am sued myself.

Btw that title is Kiruba Shankar’s idea , he apparently has thought of this as a wonderful tee for all Bloggers.


I came across a quote from the movie "The silence of the lambs", found it quite interesting. Here it goes...

"First principles, Clarice. Read Marcus Aurelius of each particular thing ask:
what is it in itself? What is its nature"

2 Voices:

Kroopa Shah (Kr00pz) said...

Good luck with the exams!

anubhav said...

thanx ...kroopz